Web Content Management Systems, Knutsford
Our website, extranet and intranet clients benefit from bespoke Content Management Systems that are designed and built to their exact specification. Combining data management screens (for SQL data), edit facilities for simple text and image content, proofing and moderation processes, our clients are provided with the management tools that they need and the level of control they desire.
When analysing successful online sales and marketing, it has long been established that "content is King". As the significance of website performance and penetration has increased, so clients have taken an increasingly active role in the management and maintenance of site content. For some clients, their website is their business, and their success relies solely on the products, services or information that their sites offer to visitors. From an agency perspective, simply designing websites is no longer sufficient; we must also supply clients with the tools to manage the data and messages that these websites deliver.
Our extensive use of SQL database platforms (for generating dynamic website content) means that we are unable to use off-the-shelf Content Management packages for our client sites. By avoiding off-the-shelf packages we also avoid any restrictions that these generic solutions may place on site design and/or functionality.
Where clients request site management tools, we discuss the requirement and identify those areas of the site that will be subject to CMS control. We then design and build a bespoke system that provides exactly the level of control that is required. This will be a combination of data management screens (for SQL data) and editing facilities for simple text and image content. Where applicable, proofing tools can be incorporated, both for client updates and also for the moderation/approval of content managed by 3rd parties via the CMS interface or website (i.e. property owners responsible for maintaining details of their individual villas and apartments, or testimonials supplied by website visitors relating to a product or service).
By establishing full integration at the outset, we are then able to develop the CMS system hand-in-hand with the website into the future.
Common areas for CMS coverage include:
- 'Free' content (text and images that are not subject to a standard layout or format)
- Product/service information (product codes, descriptions, specifications, cost and sales pricing, product images)
- Product/service availability (stock levels, lead times, time-based availability)
- Latest news, press releases and media coverage
- Job Vacancies
- Pre-Formatted Features (i.e. editorial reviews, recipes, advisory articles)
- Online Resource Libraries or Data Files (upload facilities and indexing for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Flash, images, audio and video files)
- Structure and navigation (i.e. create new sections and pages within the website)
- FAQs and help content
- CMS requirements assessed and system configured to exact specification
- All solutions are bespoke - no use of off-the-shelf CMS packages
- CMS handles data management, file uploads and 'free' content
- CMS is integrated with website design to provide complete control and flexibility